I didn't take a picture of this one on purpose, I made this with my cast iron skillet this time, and I wouldn't recommend it. Cast iron holds heat very well, so my sauce caramelized. It still tasted delicious, but looked very dark, and not very photogenic! :-) I served this with rice and some sliced bell peppers (my kids LOVE bell peppers!) After getting past the very dark looking chicken and pears my kids dove in with a passion! They ate quickly and well. (All though we did add some ranch at the end, like Buffalo Wild Wings...what ever it takes to get them to eat right!) Also, if you make it with chicken breast tenders instead of the whole breast, it cooks very quickly, so this dinner can come together fast!
Orange Glazed Chicken with Pears
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp white vinegar
¼ c sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp white wine
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp salt
Pepper
1 pear thinly sliced
1 orange zested and juiced
Heat soy sauce, vinegar sugar and ginger in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until sugar melts (about 3 min) season meat with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Braise meat 3 minutes each side then add pear and wine, orange zest and juice. Cover reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to plates and simmer sauce to thicken, top chicken with pear and sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment