Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Salisbury Steak

I love when I find "real food" that is easy to make and that my boys will eat, it's nice to move out of the kid food fare when daddy is away. We rounded out the meal with mashed potatoes and pea's seasoned with butter and Parmesan cheese. Everyone had seconds!

 
This is my mom's recipe, so after years of perfecting it cooking for all of us growing up the measurements are estimates, we normally add to taste, and know when it tastes just right...I've done my best to give the closest approximation, but feel free to tweak as you see fit.

1 lb ground beef
2ish Tbsp Ketchup
2ish tsp Worcestershire sauce
1ish tsp mustard
1ish tsp Morton's season salt
2 c beef broth

Mix hamburger, 1/4 c of the beef broth, 1 Tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp each mustard and Worcestershire sauce and Morton's salt.  Form into patties.

Brown patties in skillet over medium heat. Remove and drain grease.

In same skillet mix remaining broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.  Add patties back in cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

No comments: