Friday, December 5, 2008

Cassoulet

This comes right out of my Betty Crocker cookbook. It is so easy and so good. My boys love "spicy meat" so anything I can find using it, they will usually eat. I also use beans a lot in cooking, so they are used to eating those too! I'm not sure how many more meals I will cook this next month or so, let me get through this first trimester and then hopefully I'll get back in the groove of cooking meals and then posting them for all of you. Please let me know if you've tried something you've seen here and how it went!

Cassoulet
Prep:20 total: 1 hour
Serves 6
1 lb polish sausage, diagonally cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans rinsed and drained
1 can black beans (15 oz) rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
3 medium carrots thinly sliced
1 small red onion thinly sliced and separated into rings
2 cloves garlic minced
½ c dry red wine or beef broth
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
Heat oven to 375
Mix all ingredients in ungreased 3 qt casserole. Cover and bake 50-60 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly and carrots are tender.

No comments: