Jumbo Shells
ricotta cheese
Mozzarella cheese, grated
2 eggs
1/2 c. Parmesan, grated
1/2 c frozen spinach thawed and squeezed as dry as you can get it
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley
marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasta shells. Bring water to boil and then add pasta, boil pasta approximately 15 minutes.
Prepare cheese filling. Beat eggs; add ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese; mix in seasonings and spinach.
Prepare cheese filling. Beat eggs; add ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese; mix in seasonings and spinach.
Using a large baking pan place stuffed shells in pan, top with sauce and sprinkle with more mozzarella cheese. Bake 45 minutes. or until shells reach an internal temp of 165.
this is not an exact recipe if you can't tell. How much cheese you use depends on how many shells you want to fill and how cheesy you like it. I start out with 1 c each ricotta and mozzarella and then work from there if I think I need to add more. You can also adjust spinach to taste, I don't like it to overwhelm the dish, so I don't use very much... I make enough to fill an 8x10 glass baking dish, and its more than enough for us. :-)
1 comment:
yay!! The BEST!
Post a Comment