Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cheese Ravioli with Sweet Potatoes

I stumbled across this recipe a few weeks ago when I was looking for new ways to make plain old cheese ravioli.  My kids love to eat it, but I get bored of the monotony sometimes.  Thankfully I came across this one, and tried it tonight.  I was easy and delicious, and the kids ate it.  I love sweet potatoes, and thyme, and cheese ravioli, so it was great to mix all three.  I hope you have equal success.

1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb cheese ravioli
1/3 c crumbled feta cheese
Heat oven to 425
On baking sheet toss diced potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.  Roast, tossing once until potatoes are tender (about 20-25 minutes)
Meanwhile, make ravioli according to package directions.  Reserve 1/3c cooking liquid.  Drain and return to pan.
Gently mix cheese and ravioli and reserved water.  Fold in sweet potatoes. 

No comments: