Monday, September 5, 2011

"Franotta" (yes, I misspelled that on purpose)

I tried to make a frittata for the first time tonight....it is harder to do with a baby on the hip, so it ended up being more of a scramble or hash...but still really good!  Easy, delicious, three little boys asked for seconds.  :-)


1 1/2-2ish cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 med zucchini, quartered and sliced
1 1/2 c diced ham
4 eggs
1/4 c milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

1. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooing spray; heat over medium heat.  Add potatoes, zucchini and ham.  Cook 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until zucchini is crisp-tender and potatoes are thoroughly cooked.

2. Meanwhile in medium bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk.  Add the milk and salt; beat well.

3. Pour egg mixture over mixture in skillet.  Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 5-7 minutes, lifting edges occasionally to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow to bottom of skillet, until center is set. (this is where mine got less "frittata" and more "frinatta" the lifting edges thing wasn't helping my eggs in the center, so I ended up just scrambling and scraping until all the eggs were cooked.  I'm cooking for a bunch of kids....presentation doesn't not score so high as taste in my house :-)

4. Sprinkle cheese over frittata. Cover, cook 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.  To serve, cut into wedges.  (or just scoop some out of the pan onto waiting plate) :-)

No comments: