I have a ninja foodie deluxe that I adore. This recipe uses that, but you can also make it in your stove top.
You need lots of butter for this recipe, but added for different reasons for different times, so it’ll be on the ingredients list in 3 places because that’s how my brain works. In total you will need 2 sticks divided...if that’s how your brain works.
Ingredients:
1/4 C butter
1 onion diced
6 cloves garlic minced
6 chicken breasts chopped
3 inches fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp curry seasoning
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt or salt blend
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 big can tomato sauce
1 chicken broth (or 1 c water, 1 tsp broth base paste)
1 c heavy cream
1/2 c butter
1/4 flour
1/4 c butter
Step 1:
Turn in sauté setting, on ninja foodie deluxe. Add butter to melt then and onions and garlic. Cook until onions start to get translucent. Toss in your chicken, ginger and spices. Give it a good stir.
Step 2: Once the chicken has browned, stir in the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Set your ninja foodie deluxe to pressure and the time to 5 minutes. Put on pressure lid.
Step 3: It’ll take awhile for the machine to come up to pressure. Once the cook time up is up release the steam and turn the pressure setting off and switch back to sauté. (It’s okay to release naturally or hybrid too) I use this time to fry the naan, so I’ll just let the ninja sit and wait until I’m ready for it.
Step 4: on sauté setting, add the butter and heavy cream. Stir to mix. Give it a taste, feel free to add more seasonings as you see fit. I generally feel the sauce is not quite thick enough at this point, so I make a roux.
The roux... melt 1/4 butter in a sauce pan. Add 1/4 flour and stir until you get a golden color and nice nutty smell. Them I take 1 c liquid from my curry and mix it into the flour and butter, stirring until smooth. Add the roux back into the curry and stir it in.
Serve warm over rice or with naan or both. Enjoy.
This meal is awaited with much anticipation....I don’t get the luxury to take artistic photos. Ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment