Friday, September 12, 2008

Apple Crisp


Yummmmmm...nothing says fall like a nice batch of apple crisp. You'll notice I had to have a piece first thing, even before taking the photo, sorry about that. Apple Crisp and I go way back as a comfort food, I think I lived off of it my first trimester when I was pregnant with Finnigan. Dom considered himself lucky if he could snag a piece. Once you know how to make apple crisp, apple pie is just a step away. This recipe is taken directly from my Better Crocker cookbook, I didn't change a thing, it tastes perfect this way~

Apple Crisp
3-4 medium apples, I like Gala
1/3 c butter softened
2/3 to ¾ c packed brown sugar
½ c flour
½ oatmeal
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375. Peel and dice apples and place in greased 8x8 baking dish.
Soften butter in small mixing bowl, stir in brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg until a crumbly consistency. (It helps if you use your hands) Crumble on top of apples and place in oven for 30 minutes.

No comments: