Greek Salad
3 vine-ripe tomatoes
1 med. Red onion thinly sliced
½ European seedless cucumber cut into bite sized chucks
1 small red bell pepper seeded and chunked
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chunked
1 c black olives sliced
½ lb feta cheese crumbled
¼ c olive oil
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine veggies and olives in large bowl. Mix in feta cheese. Combine olive oil, vinegar and oregano is small plastic container with lid and shake vigorously. Pour over salad and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and marinate until ready to serve.
This is a great potluck or party dish, and doubles easily. I always get rave reviews whenever I serve this salad.
The one pictured is with out cucumber and red onion, I suffered from Commissary produce issues, and they went bad before I could make the salad, sigh. But you get an idea of what it looks like. And yes, I rounded out the meal with meatballs and couscous, my kids eat it, what more can I say. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment