Who doesn't love a good pizza? I got horribly spoiled in Italy. Our Italian friends would have us over for pizza at least once a month. Easy, delicious homemade pizza. I'm now really choosy about what kind of frozen pizza I will even buy anymore, now that I know how easy it is to make. The key ingredient is pizza flour, that is flour with a little yeast in it all ready. Marco, my Italian friend who showed me how to make pizza is a very much hands on sort of cook, plus we had a small language barrier, so the recipe is not exact at all, but that doesn't matter.
Pour a good amount of pizza flour into a bowl (I'd say maybe 1 or 2 cups, depending on how big you want your pizza to be)
pour in 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
add water to desired consistency and start mixing with your hands.
The dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl, and only slightly stick to your hands. Every time I make this I am always adding a splash more water, and then maybe a little more flour until I get it right. It takes time and practice, but its fun to get your hands dirty.
Try not to over mix the dough, but its not the end of the world if you do. Flour your hands and the pan you want to cook the pizza on (I find a cookie sheet with raised sides works well)
stretch out the dough a little bit, put in on the center of the pan and slowly work it out from the center to the corners of the pan. This part takes patience and a little work. If you get some tears just move some dough back and try to seal it up.
Once your dough is in place top with pizza sauce or fresh tomatoes, cheese and any toppings you wish. Bake in a preheated oven (400) for 10 or so minutes, till it looks done (cheese browing etc) Enjoy. Once you get the kinks worked out, in the dough prep and spreading it goes very quickly, and you can have a freshly made pizza done in less time than it takes to reheat frozen!
2 comments:
i LOVED your homemade pizza that one time you made it here, since then I almost always make it on my own too.
I am so glad! I really think there is nothing better, and once you know how...its so easy to make, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty that is!
Post a Comment