Classic Creamy Wild Rice Soup (Serves 4)
Ingredients:½ c finely chopped onion
6 Tbsp Butter
½ c flour
32 oz (or 4 c) Chicken stock
2 c cooked wild rice
½ c grated carrots
1 c cooked, cubed chicken breast
3 Tbsp slivered almonds
½ tsp salt
1 c half and half
2 Tbsp dry sherry
In large saucepan sauté onion in butter. Add flour, stirring until bubbly; gradually stir in broth. Stir in wild rice, carrots, chicken, almonds and salt. Let simmer 5 minutes. Stir in half and half and sherry, heat through.
Delicious, that's all I can say. I got this from the MN Wild Rice Council, and its one of the best wild rice recipes I've found. Even the boys ate it once they got past the "crunchy parts". We didn't even have leftovers, we just ate it all up the first night, so its gotta be good, right?
1 comment:
Looks very yummy--I will have to try this one for sure.
Post a Comment