Monday, October 27, 2008

Taco Soup





Taco Soup
Prep: 5 Total:25
Serves:4-6
1 lb ground beef
1 green pepper chopped
1 15oz can kidney beans (undrained)
1 15oz can corn (undrained)
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream
Tortilla chips

Brown ground beef and green pepper together. Drain grease. Mix in kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes ,tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Let simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve in bowls with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Eat with chips or spoons.

I hounded a co-worker for this recipe after smelling it in the lunchroom years ago, and it is fantastic! This is another one of those meals that I've made often enough that the boys eat it, I think the eating with chips instead of spoon's is also in its favor.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

we love taco soup. thanks for posting this so i could remember how much i love it and make some!

Angela said...

I'm glad I could help, yeah this is a good soup!