Monday, October 27, 2008

Rosemary Pork and Chunky Applesauce


Yes, my kids eat this, at least the apple part, and since I make this meal at least once a month they are starting to eat the pork as well. This is hands down, Dominic's favorite meal. Sometimes I get all crazy and cook diced potato's with olive oil and rosemary in the oven to accompany this meal, but that does add extra time, so if I want something fast the potato's go!

Rosemary Pork and Chunky Applesauce
prep 15 / total 30
serves 4
from: variation south beach diet quick and easy

2Tbsp olive oil
4 apples, peeled cored and diced
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp water
1tsp-ish Penzeys apple pie spice
1.5 lbs pork tenderloin cut into medallions about 1/2 inch thick
3 tsp dried rosemary
salt and pepper (or Mortons Natures Seasons)

Warm sauce pan over medium heat.  Add apples, vinegar and water and spices; reduce heat to low and cook until tender about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
 Season pork with rosemary, salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add pork and cook 4 minutes per side; remove from pan and serve with apple sauce.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried this tonight for dinner. Ryan and Dave loved the apples - Jeffrey wasn't convinced even after I told him how much Liam and Fin LOVED them. But 3 of 4 isn't bad in our house....

Angela said...

I'm glad you tried it. The apples are the best part! But the pork is pretty good too, all though we love rosemary! Sometimes (often) I leave the onion out of the apples, that may win Jeffrey over...