prepare one graham cracker crust, baked and cooled in 9x13 pan (2 packs graham crackers crushed, 1 c butter softened, 1 c sugar) Press into bottom of 9x13 pan, baked 10ish minutes at 350
1 (3 oz) lemon jello
1 c boiling water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 c sugar
8 oz cream cheese
13 oz evaporated milk (chilled)
Dissolve jello in boiling water, add lemon juice and chill until jelled but not set (egg white consistency).
Whip sugar and cream cheese together and add the jelled jello. Blend with hand mixer.
Hard whip evaporated milk until it almost peaks.
Mix all together by hand and pour over crust. Sprinkle and remaining graham cracker crust crumbs on top of cheese cake and refrigerate until set.
This is the cheese cake I grew up eating. It is light and fluffy. I never knew what real cheesecake was until I was an adult, and let me say, I was very disappointed. I still prefer this light version to the dense heavy "New York" version, which is good in its own right, but not so much when this is what you are used to. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment