I really dislike slow-cooker recipes that take a bunch of prep time in the morning. This one comes together in minutes and then you just let it sit all day long. It is inspired from an older "Taste of Home" recipe book. It is easy and simple and tastes so very good. Below is the version I make. As a rule my husband doesn't like pot roast, but LOVES this one. I think because I have been able to find tritip sirloin which isn't as fatty as a rump roast.
1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast
1 c beef broth
1 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1 large tart apple quartered
1 large onion sliced
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp cold water
In large seasoned cast-iron skillet, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to slow-cooker.
Add beef broth to skillet and loosen any browned bits, Stir in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. Pour on top of roast. Sprinkle roast with season salt. Top with apple and onion. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast and onion; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Strain cooking liquid into sauce pan; discarding apple. Bring liquid to boil; cook until reduced to about 2 cups (about 15 minutes). Combine corn starch and water until smooth. Stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil, cook and stir about 2 minuted or until thickened. Serve over beef and onion.
No comments:
Post a Comment