Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dutch Apple Pancake

This is a more healthy version of dutch apple pancake, as it is taken from the South Beach Diet quick and easy cookbook, Betty Crocker also has a version, but this tastes equally as good, and its not as bad for you. I make it Saturday mornings when I am feeling adventurous, or for dinner if Dom is gone, I figure the eggs make it count for a decent dinner. :-)

Dutch Apple Pancake
2 Tbsp butter, melted and divided
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
½ c whole grain flour
3 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¾ c milk
4 eggs lightly beaten
Heat oven to 400
Heat 1 Tbsp of butter in large cast-iron skillet over med heat. Add apple and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Puree remaining butter, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, milk and eggs in blender until just combined, about 1 minute. Pour batter into skillet over apples. Bake until puffed and set, about 15 minutes, serve hot.

No comments: