Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Homemade Chicken tenders


These are so easy to make, and I almost always have the fixings on hand, so they make a great back up meal if you are running low on supplies.


Light Olive Oil for frying

enough (thawed) chicken tenders to feed your family. (I buy the large bag of frozen tenders and use those for cooking with in general instead of giant chicken breasts. Its less expensive, and I always have chicken) My children don't eat, so usually the boys split one tender, and I eat 2 or 3...if that helps you estimate.

salt and pepper

flour

1 or 2 eggs depending on the # of tenders you are making

breading mix: Italian style breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese some Italian seasoning and a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes all mixed together.


preheat oven to 350 place a cookie sheet with foil liner in oven.

heat 1/2 inch of oil in large skillet over medium heat

season chicken with salt and pepper. Lay out three shallow dishes near each other and the stove.

in first dish put the flour, the second the eggs, the third the breading mixture. Coat chicken in flour, eggs and breading mixture and place in frying pan. Cook until deep golden brown on each side (3-4 minutes per side) transfer to hot cookie sheet in the oven and bake another 5-6 minutes. It sounds like a lot, but its actually pretty easy. Depending on how many tenders you are making, you may need to cook in batches.


Enjoy!

No comments: