Friday, August 1, 2008

Penne with Zucchini Sauce


This is easy and yummy. I love the fresh tomatoes and zucchini, and if you haven't figured out yet, I am also a huge fan of ground Italian sausage, it makes it way into many things I make. Fresh and fast, it doesn't get much better than this.

Penne with Zucchini Sauce
Prep 15, total 30 serves 4
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1/3 c Olive Oil
2 medium zucchini chopped
1 c chopped plum tomatoes
Pasta seasoning
2 cloves garlic minced
16 oz pasta
Parmesan cheese
Boil water for pasta and prepare according to package directions, reserving ½c of pasta cooking water
Meanwhile: Brown sausage over medium heat, remove from pan. Heat oil in skillet; saute zucchini, tomato, pasta seasoning and garlic until vegetables are tender. Stir in sausage.
Add sausage mixture to hot pasta, toss and add reserved pasta water to desired consistency, Transfer to serving dishes and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments: