Sunday, August 3, 2008

Red Beans and Rice

This is very much, a taste your way though meal. I just keep adding spices until it tastes right, Usually a 2:1 ration cumin to chili powder, but not always.
I didn't have any bell pepper in the picture, we ate it as a snack, forgetting I wanted to use it in a dinner. Sorry the picture quality is not so good, I'm still figuring out the best way to photograph food and not get my messy kitchen in the background.

Red Beans and rice
1 lb Kielbasa sliced
½ c chopped celery
1 or 2 chopped carrots
1 chopped bell pepper
1 can tomatoes
1-2 cans kidney beans
Chili powder
Cumin
cooked rice
Sauté carrots, bell pepper and celery in a little oil. Add sliced sausage and cook a few minutes. Drain beans. Add beans, tomatoes and spices, let simmer together awhile and serve over rice.

No comments: