Friday, August 1, 2008

A word about Penzey's

No, I do not get any money from Penzey's spices, but I just love them. They are a small, mainly mail order spice store. We got a box of spices for a wedding gift and it has just opened a door. I thought I would take a moment to share some of our favorites, since I use them a lot when cooking. drum roll please!
Chicken soup stock: Its way better than the broth they sell at the store. Way better!
Sandwich Sprinkle: great on sandwiches, and I also love it stirred into scrambled eggs.
Fox point Seasoning: I love this on chicken. So easy, sprinkle on chicken breast and cook, and you have an instant flavorful dinner.
Mulling Spices: we poor some of this into apple juice, and let it simmer on the stove for awhile, it makes the house smell great, and the juice is yummy too. In fact, we are even making a spiced apple wine with the this blend
Pasta Sprinkle: I use this in place of "Italian seasoning" its the same thing, I just like this blend the best
Mint Hot Chocolate: not only does it make excellent hot chocolate, you can also use it to make fantastic mint brownies!!!
Cajun Seasoning: When I was pregnant with Liam, I would stir this into my Alfredo sauce, it was soooooo good. I also love to put it on popcorn instead of salt.

Those are the big ones, I also use just their regular spices...I love to get whole nutmeg from them and grate it fresh, their ground ginger is great. Taco seasoning is good...I don't know. If you are looking for something new to try, and have a little extra money in your grocery budget I would say give them a try. www.penzeys.com

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I just got another order from them lately. I'm so glad that you introduced me to Penzeys!! Hmm we might have to make some Hinty Minty Brownies today:)

Angela said...

I love Penzeys...really. I am so glad you like them too...yeah the mint brownies are to die for, almost literally!